At Moorish Tides we take your personal privacy very seriously. If you are reading our site and not a Moorish Tides subscriber,1 the information we collect is for analytics purposes only. You can prevent this by turning cookies2 off in your browser, but if you would like to comment you will need to turn them back on.
- The URL of the page you are viewing
- The title of the page you are viewing
- The browser you are using
- The size of the browser window
- The resolution of your screen
- Whether or not you have Java enabled
- Your location, which is derived from the IP address where your visit originated. Your IP address itself is not available in Google Analytics.
- Your language settings, which are derived from the language settings of the browser.
If you are logged in to our website (Moorish Tides subscriber) the information we collect, in addition to the data for analytics, is to improve your experience and to make sure comments are not anonymous. Our website collects a username, your email, and a password. You are welcome to add, update or remove information from your profile at any time. When you comment we only display your username. Be aware that even if you don’t confirm your account after signing up we still store your username and email. If you would like to see the information we have on you or request your account be deleted, please contact email@example.com.
Securing Information Collected
We take many precautions to ensure that the information we collect is secure. We use numerous security technologies to protect all data stored on our servers and related systems. Our security measures are regularly upgraded and tested to ensure they are effective.
We take the following specific steps to protect your information:
- Use internal access controls so only limited personnel have access to your information.
- Train anyone, with access to your information, on all relevant security and compliance policies.
- Regularly backup servers that store your information to protect against data loss.
- Secure all information through modern security technologies like secure socket layer (SSL), encryption, firewalls, and secure passwords.
All access safeguards described above are in place to prevent unauthorized access by outsiders to information stored on or transmitted by our systems.
- Moorish Tides Subscriber: A free account that allows you to comment on articles.